Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Wedding Song

Hello~ another random post by me.. hehe :D

Ehm, personally I don't really fancy saxophone instrumental, not that I don't like it. It's just that most of the time saxophone is associated with jazz music and I don't love jazz music.
But, there is one song that I really love, in fact there are three of them. Those are saxophone song or whatever you call it. They are not saxophone instrumental version from a pop song, but they were created originally for saxophone. *umm, hopefully you can get what I mean*

The song that I want to talk about now is The Wedding Song by Kenny G.
Ever heard about it?? It's a very nice song. Go and google it if you haven't.
AND PLEASE PLEASE LISTEN TO IT FIRST BEFORE YOU CONTINUE READING MY POST!! =)

From the title, I am sure that it sounds like a "happy ending" song, instead of a broken heart song. And if you DO follow my instructions, you will find that that song is very romantic after listening to it.

Here I am then. I have my own interpretation of this song, even before I know the title.
Well, I do love to interpret songs before knowing its title or translating it to English (if the song is in any foreign language that I don't speak). Quite a weird hobby, isn't it?

First time I heard this song was couple years ago, about seven years ago if I'm not wrong.
When listen to this song, instead of having a "happy-ending" feeling, there was this overwhelmed feeling of sadness and loneliness in my mind. Thanks to my curiosity, I did a research of this song. After looking for a while, I found out that this song is called The Wedding Song. Again, I listened to it so many times to get the mood to interpret thing song.
Well, I am a so-called romantic person and quite particular about some little things like mood and timing.

After a while, I finally got my mood to analyze this song. However, around that time I was very young and not able to describe things in details since I hadn't learned and seen a lot things.
Erm, I don't know how to explain those, but it's quite similar to tasting. The more knowledge and varieties of food you had taste, the more descriptions in details you can make. Like sometimes people like to say "spicy". The word spicy itself has a lot of different types, for example, pepper spicy, chilly spicy, etc. Sometimes you do realize the differences in the spicy flavour itself, but you just don't know how to describe it.

So, it took me until recently to finally able to describe or so-called interpret this song.
I interpret this song by associating it with its title, The Wedding Song, and below are my story for this song. Hope you will like it :)

Based on the title, of course, this song is a song that is being played in a wedding ceremony or party. But, the question is by whom? The groom or even the bride? And more importantly, to whom this song is dedicated?

In my interpretation, this song was played by the bride's best male friend. He was an old friend of the bride. In fact, this whole time, he had been in love with the bride. He also always be the first one who came whenever the bride needed his help. He was a very loyal friend. He always listened to her stories and complaints. He always put her in the first priority, and there were many more good virtues about him. Just imagine a very gentle, kind, and perfect man, that's him.

He never confessed to the bride because he wanted to be a "MAN" first. He thought that his current condition was not good enough so he wanted to improve himself. He studied abroad (most probably in Vienna, to improve his saxophone skills). However, before he realized it, the bride had found her right man, someone who would stay by her side for the rest of her life.

Hearing that news, he did feel sad. He felt disappointed for not being able to be the one who could make her happy. Of course, he also thought of stealing her from the groom, but he realized that it would only make her sad.

He thought about it for some time. He would keep his feeling for her for himself. He'd never told a single soul about it. He didn't want her to pity him neither gave her a burden by knowing his feeling. One thing for sure, he never called himself "broken-hearted" because he thought that she never broke his heart. It's just that his love for her remained silent forever.

At the end, he composed this song for her. This Wedding Song contained his prayer for her and his determination for letting her go. He might not be the one who'd stand beside her, but his prayer would always be with her and protect her. He prayed for her life to be blessed and happy. And the most important thing, he was sure that it was the best way for him to love her : )

-Fin-

0 comments:

Post a Comment